Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Beachcombing in Brittany

 
There's nothing I love more than the sea. The love affair started years ago on a sandy beach in north Wales, survived a 3 year marine biology degree at University of Liverpool and has never really let go. Now, I live about as far from the sea as humanly possible, but for the next few months I get to have my fill of skanky seaweed and beachcombing. My kids have caught the bug and we have emptied half the shells from the local beach and will need an extra suitcase on the way home just for periwinkles.

Brittany is lovely. The wine, divine. The cheese and ham ... yummy.  Crepes... Oh, man I'm putting on pounds just thinking about it :) 

DH has taken over many of the daily chores I have in Canada. He drops the kids at school on the way to work and picks up groceries on the way home.  I just stay home and write on school days :)  Wednesdays are catch up with homework/house work/shell collecting and maybe a quick veg in front of an episode of PLANET EARTH. The pace is very laid back and yet I've accomplished lots of writing and plotting and edits. The world is truly a magical and mystical place. My French is still abysmal. So sorry to all the French people in my sphere. And in twelve days were are off to Paris on the TVG.  I'm so excited!!

So, anyway, I'm back online and looking for good news from you all!!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a blast! I wish I was there!! Love the pixs - keep them coming. I'm going to travel vicariously through you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you've asked for it, Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete