Friday, February 19, 2010

Paris...Day 1.. Tuesday morning.

The last time I went to Paris was two weeks before I got married and I swear the Eiffel Tower has grown in the intervening 13 years! We decided to walk to the second floor (again) and I almost expired by the time we got to the first floor. We jogged of course. Seven and nine-year-olds might complain it is a long way up but it is still a race.  The air was so cold it seared my lungs and it took me about 20 min to stop coughing before I could climb the next level.  We spent those 20 min in the gift shop where we stocked up on all things pointy.


 We spent an age admiring to view through an almost cloudless sky. Spotted the flat top of the Arc de Triomphe, the blunt pillars of Notre Dame, the grand edifice of the Trocadero, etc., etc. It was beautiful.


 And can you see this guy painting?  Even the thought gives me the willies!


It was hard work but I'd rather have climbed than waited in the enormous queues at the base.  One word of advice if you come here, arrive early!!  And if you can, take the stairs from the south corner.  There is something about earning the view that makes it even more beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment