Monday, March 01, 2010

Day 2...Afternoon...Musee D'Orsay

Sorry for gap in posting.  My in laws arrived on the same day as my copy edits and are staying for the exact same amount of time.  However, I'm done with the copy edits now and get the day off to show in laws the beauty of Brest (err..which isn't beautiful at all, actually but we'll manage :)

 

On the Wednesday afternoon in Paris we hit the gallery I have wanted to visit since the early 90s, Musee D'Orsay.  It is an old converted railway station just across the Seine from the Louvre,opposite the Tuilleres gardens. It's the home of the French Impressionists and various other things from that period like Art Nouveau furniture and glass. Kids were flagging by this stage I have to admit. DH & I got lost, again, but mainly because the musee is undergoing a massive reconstruction of their top floor and so the floor plan is all skew-whiff.  

I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves...excuse my crappy photography.

Van Gogh

  
 

Claude Monet

 
  
  
  
Renoir
 


 Degas
 
  



And a little taste of Canada


 My seven year old wasn't impressed.  He preferred the Louvre :)



2 comments:

  1. Hey, is that you in the Monet? :o)

    I'm surprised they let you photograph the paintings. We're not allowed to without permission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. Fame at last! I was surprised too. I guess they figure they can't argue with that many tourists. They are very stern about flashing though :)

    ReplyDelete